Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cousin's Visit

My cousin’s came to visit with his Girlfriend. We had a good time. I showed them around the area. We visited one of their friend who has a winery near by, in Bad Dürkheim.
Marc (my cousin) wasn’t sure if he could find the place, but sure enough with a little googling, we found it! Drove there and arrive as the “Schnapps” was getting out of the distillery machine.
Just the Vapor will turn you drunk. It was hilarious! We got invited to lunch which was amazing. It was kind of interesting as the family don’t speak much French or English, so lots of translation at the dinner table. But Man, that Oma could cook! I need to go back and ask her for the recipe.
If you ever want to get some pretty good wine from the Moselle valley. Stop to their place and visit. I normally don’t like wine, but believe me… It was YUMMY!!

Then I took them to Heidelberg, we took Rafael and went to the castle.
And had a great time. I just LOVE this castle. Just so pretty!!
Another day we took them to Ladenburg. For those of you who have been to my previous post, you KNOW I love Ladenburg. It is one of my favorite town in the area, it is such a cute little town. : Anne's Blog: Ladenburg Cruising Everyone that ever went there, Love it!! Beside they have great restaurant and great history. Anne's Blog: Ladenburg
So needless to say that we went several time there BUT it was the first time that we took the way that we took.
We ended up accross from Ladenburg with a BIG river in between our car and the town...
so we were like: hmm!!! Oh OK!!!
But... a boat was coming up to take us across. And let me tell you. It was so cool!!
That boat was so old it still had the old system to drag the boat from one side of the river to the other side! See?? Just interesting he??

De blog

No comments: