Monday, June 21, 2010

Beautiful Prague Czech Republic

OH, How I love Prague. For those of you who haven't had the chance to go... GO. Do you planning and GO!! You won't be sorry you did.
One day I told one of my friend who was not sure where to go between Paris and Prague with a visiting friend, that she should go to Prague.
Reasons were: It is smaller, there is less cars, less expensif, and the architecture is beautiful. Every corner you turn there come another gorgeous building or scenery. Just amazing.
I mean, I am French so maybe the fact that it was only my second time in Prague made it so special, but... I doubt it. In order Prague is before Paris in my viewpoint but... Venice is before Prague!











































One of the things that I mention earlier is that no matter where you are in Prague you will turn a corner and see something different. The details in the architecture is amazing. I love the colors, the different kind of building. The balcony, the windows, everything is just gorgeous.
















Hardware on doors are also amazing




Another part of town that is well known and visited, is the Jewish quarter. It has a sad history. Apparently the Jewish community were ordered in the 13th Century to leave their home and settle in one area ofd Prague. The area was the only place they were allowed to live. Even thought the area changed under a large redevelopment between 1893-1913 most significant building from previous eras were saved.

There is still 6 synagogues remaining, the town hall and the old jewish cemetary which is an amazing site on its own. The old cemetery is amazing. When you walk in it you will just wonder why it look like that. During our visit, I learned that because the Jewish Community were ordered to live in a small part of town, they didn't have the luxury of expending their cemetery. So they used their small graveyard to the fullest. And I mean the FULLEST! The result is somehow poetic. If I may say so. A new Jewish cemetery was build later accross town, it is half empty because obviously the generation it was build for all died in Nazi concentration camp.


No comments: